Saturday, November 22, 2014

Stripped Bare

What I feel, is that,
I'm breaking apart and I'm not quite sure who I am.

Because I used to define myself by
achievement/thinness/health/religion/workaholism/intelligencce

and now I'm
worn out/overwhelmed/stressed/unhealthy/feeling stupid

I resent the healthy, the people accomplishing,
because how dare they
when I can't
and how come
it's not being taken away from them
when it's being taken away from me?

Is it my fault?
Is there something I could do to cure myself
and I'm not, and I should, and what's wrong with me?

"Those who were not my people
I will call ‘my people,’
and her who was not beloved

I will call ‘my beloved."

What if

at the end of all of this
the only thing I'll know about myself 
isn't that I'm the healthiest
most accomplished
smartest
hardest worker

but that I'm deeply, desperately loved
deserving of forgiveness,
and hope
and all things pure, good, true,
and restful

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Though not to the same degree as I'm sure you are feeling right now, I can relate to this, and it is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete